Plumbing leaks are indeed very annoying and bothering. They disturb the entire household or at times the entire building. Plumbing leaks shoots up your service charge for no good reason and it is one of the major reasons for the water wastage all over the world. Many times leaks are easily detected as they are clearly visible but many times they go unnoticed which results in wasting a considerable amount of water. Every house owner wishes not to face plumbing leaks in the household.
These are 10 important things about plumbing leaks everyone should know:
- Every year in the US alone, 3 trillion gallons of water is wasted due to plumbing leaks and property damages are worth up to US $ 6 Billion.
- Mostly, it’s quite difficult to detect plumbing leaks. It is advisable to check your water company statement. If it’s high then there is a possibility of a leakage.
- Your water heater tank in equipped with a pressure relieve valve. If the valves leaks, you won’t be able to notice as it can be plumbed straight into a drain.
- If you feel that a part of your floor is hot, there is a possibility of leakage from hot water supply pipe.
- The most common source of plumbing leak is your toilet. If you ever suspect a leak, get the toilet checked by plumbers. An unnoticed leak in a toilet wastes 15 gallons of water daily and 5475 gallons of water every year.
- Sounds like hissing or gurgling is an indication of a possible leak. Try to locate the area where it is coming from.
- Another sort of keen home gadget, advertised under a few distinct names, was just released to help detect leaks. This amazingly helpful device can be utilized to screen what’s occurring to the water in your home, sounding an alert and closing off the nourish water supply when it distinguishes a break or solidified pipe. A few models are additionally equipped for following your family’s water utilization information after some time, permitting you to set objectives and decrease wastage.
- In a typical home, more than 9,000 gallons of water are wasted while running the faucet waiting for hot water. As much as 15% of your annual water heating costs can be wasted heating this extra 9,000 gallons.
- Check if the water pressure in your pipes are appropriate. If the water pressure is too high, it will make the pipe burst and the leak will happen.
- Due to a dripping faucet, 180 gallons of water is wasted every month and 2160 gallons of water each year.
These plumbing leak facts discussed here are not known by most people. People must learn how to deal with plumbing leaks in a skillful and efficient manner.
Pipeline Restoration Plumbing Inc. based in Santa Ana, California is a leading name in leak detection and repairs. We have decades of experience and are very well-versed with the modern technology. For more information, please call us at (714) 860-4250.